Website Developer & Social Media Manager
Hi, I’m Emily…
Welcome to my website; Savvy Digital Nomad!
I launched in March 2017, to showcase my freelance skills as a Creative Website Designer/ Online Marketer, and to share my expertise in the industry.
On my blog page, I will be sharing all the knowledge & lessons that I have learnt in my pursuit to creating a successful online business.
It is my mission to help you to create a successful online platform for your business, whether you are a starter wanting to turn your hobby into an online business to provide your living, or whether you are a small but growing business. I will help with either the provision of my services as an experienced website designer, or by sharing my knowledge/ skills to empower you to create your successful online business.
- If you are a small business/ sole trader needing an affordable website to grow your online business- This is the place for you.
- If you have a creative passion; music, art, crafts, dance etc. You are ready to share your passion online and want to learn how – This is the place for you.
- If you want to learn how to create a passive income from blogging or vlogging on YouTube, so that you can either work at home or travel – This is the place for you.
- If you are a fellow freelancer, looking to gain new insights/ tips in the freelancing world – This is the place for you.
- If you want to start or grow your existing blog, with the latest techniques & tips – This is the place for you.
Savvy Digital Nomad- the back story
Following completion of my diploma in Art & Design in July 2010, I was very excited to work for myself. Over the years that followed, I dabbled in different types of industry, for e.g. working as a Holistic Therapist , selling artwork at craft fairs etc.
During this phase I experienced a strong learning curve in the art of business and marketing, as I learnt that it is difficult to make a living running your own business, without a professional image and a way for your customers to find you.
Life lead me to the beautiful city of York, where I had the opportunity to run a small online business which sold treasure hunts. This was an exceptionally valuable experience for me, as I undertook a variety of qualifications including;
- Business Management
- Online Marketing
- Content Writing
- Affiliate Marketing
Alongside managing an online treasure hunt business, I also spent my time together which my husband, converting a 30 seater Mercedes School Bus into a luxury travelling Motorhome.
Savvy Digital Nomad – the present
In 2017 I launched my online freelance business, offering website design services and sharing blogging tips/ knowledge. As a musician, I have met fellow musicians and creative people, who are highly talented however, they do not have the knowledge to create and maintain their online presence.
Suddenly, I found a way to form my two passions;
- Designing and helping business to grow their brand through my website design services.
- Sharing what I have learnt; current blogging & online SEO marketing trends, social media, website design and ultimately how to make money online, so that creative people can share their passions and make a living doing what they love.